And a couple of wounded warriors played golf with the guy who used to own the Texas Rangers.
A few tidbits about the guy who used to own the Texas Rangers.
- On May 10, 2005, Vladimir Arutyunian, a native Georgian who was born to a family of ethnic Armenians, threw a live hand grenade toward a podium where Bush was speaking at Freedom Square in Tbilisi, Georgia. Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili was seated nearby. It landed in the crowd about 65 feet from the podium after hitting a girl, but it did not detonate. Arutyunian was arrested in July 2005, confessed, was convicted and was given a life sentence in January 2006
- Some nicknames for the former Texas Ranger owner include, 43, Bush II and Dubya.
- He is one of only four US Presidents to win the presidency and not win the popular vote.
- He is one of only six US president to be related to each other as direct descendents, his father was the 41st president. John Adams was the 2nd president and his son John Quincy Adams was the 6th president. William Henry Harrison was the 9th president and his grandson Benjamin Harrison was the 23rd president.
- He is a descendant of Mayflower passengers John Howland, John Tilley, Henry Sampson.
Rumor has it that he may have been the best golfer of any US president. I wonder what Ike would say about that?
And so it is on this day in Fenway Park history, April 15, 2012.